When espresso loses its shine, the first place for the barista to look is in he cleanliness of the machine. A dirty group head can compromise the quality of an otherwise great shot of coffee. Cafetto Espresso Machine Cleaning Tablets can handle the clean-up without tainting the coffee; as well it's non-corrosive so will not damage the espresso machine. It safely and effectively removes coffee oils and residues.
Cafetto Tevo Maxi Tablets are also NSF tested and certified to protocol 152, ensuring their safety and effectiveness.
For back-flushing each brew group, follow these simple steps:
1) Remove coffee filter from group handle, replacing it with the "blind" filter
2) Add one Tevo Maxi Cleaning Tablet into the group handle. Then insert as if brewing espresso.
3) Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve the tablet completely. Stop the cycle, allowing machine to sit for 10 seconds.
4) Start and stop cycle 6 more times, running for 10 seconds and stopping for 10 seconds.
5) Remove the group handle and rinse well under a stream of water from the brew group. Turn off.
6) Re-insert handle with blind filter to begin rinse process. Start and stop cycle 10 times, running for 5 seconds and stopping for 2 seconds. Remove blind filter and insert regular brewing filter.
7) Brew and discard a single espresso shot to re-season the machine.
To clean filters and group handles:
Dissolve two Tevo Maxi Cleaning Tablets in 500ml of hot water from the machine's boiler. Soak group handles and filters for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.
The Cafetto Tevo Maxi Tablets are made to suit 3-way valve professional espresso machines, American Metal Ware
Tablet dimensions: Weight - 2.5 grams, Thickness - 5mm, Diameter - 20mm
OMRI approved and listed for use in organic systems, the Cafetto tablets are also phosphate-free and GMO-free.
See "how to" in this little demo:
Click here to read the Safety Data Sheet for this product.