Click Here for the newest version 2 OCD
This tool was first conceived by ONA Coffee in 2012 and is now finally ready to be sold worldwide. In the years since its conception, the OCD has evolved into so much more. Making delicious coffee is all about understanding variables & taking control of them. Distribution creates major variables standing in the road of quality & consistency. The OCD eliminates those inconsistencies.
1. The OCD has four angled slopes that evenly, consistently and efficiently glides the coffee around in a circle to create a puck of even density. No more inconsistencies between baristas: distribution or lack of distribution in the cafe.
2. The OCD creates a perfectly flat surface to tamp upon, creating more consistent puck. No person has a perfectly straight finger, some baristas will leave a slight divot in the coffee grounds, which means they tamp down on inconsistencies in the puck density.
3. No need to collapse the dose. After extensive taste testing with multiple coffees and different roasting styles, we have found any form of collapsing to stratify grinds, creating very inconsistent extraction & qualities of taste (separate to yield). Each barista will also collapse differently, creating yet another inconsistency in the cafe. The OCD takes the same time to create a more even & consistent puck, giving more consistent & delicious extractions.
4. This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets and can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles.
5. No more cracked coffee fingers after a long day of service on the espresso machine.
6. Less channelling and micro-channelling, improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which is disastrous to taste. Micro-channelling is also difficult to visually identify & is more likely to happen with inconsistent or no distribution - the OCD will remove this variable.
Check out the instructional video:
To view the summary documenting usage of the OCD, click here to see the results.